What is AVID?
AVID, Advancement Via Individual Determination, is an elementary through postsecondary college readiness system that is designed to increase schoolwide learning and performance. The AVID system accelerates student learning, uses research based methods of effective instruction, provides meaningful and motivational professional development, and acts as a catalyst for systemic reform and change.
Guidance Office News
- Foothill– http://www.foothill.edu/placement/math.samples.php
- Gavilan– http://www.gavilan.edu/admit/assess.html
- Mission– http://missioncollege.edu/student_services/assess/practice.html
- Ohlone– http://www.ohlone.edu/org/placement/studyguides.html
- San Jose City – http://www.act.org/compass/tests/index.html
- West Valley– Math Prep: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL582CA73671BD313D (No English Prep at this time, see below)
Additional free study prep resources that will help you prepare:
- Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/
- ACT http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/
- SAT http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice
- Number2.com https://www.number2.com/
- http://www.csumathsuccess.org/ or http://www.csuenglishsuccess.org/
The link below is an article in the newspaper discussing some exciting changes coming to a few of the local CC's.
De Anza will be hosting an Open House on Saturday April, 29th. If you complete your application, placement exam, and orientation by 5pm on Thursday, April 27th, you can get a head start on priority enrollment. All of the information can be found on the attached flyer.