The Pirate Way
- Be able to accurately define problems.
- Learn effective problem solving strategies, such as sequencing, differentiating, prioritizing, and accessing prior knowledge.
- Solve routine and complex problems in real life settings.
- Work with peers to solve problems.
- Be able to utilize social media to collaborate on solving problems.
- Use critical thinking skills to understand and address local and world issues.
- Apply critical thinking skills in a variety of settings.
- Recognize and investigate options in setting curricular and life goals.
- Be willing to share independent thoughts with others in a constructive way.
- Be able to evaluate a wide range of opinions and resources on my own.
- Explore and learn ways to be responsible citizens and understand what it means to live in a global community.
- Adhere to district, school, and classroom standards in preparation for adult life.
- Set and pursue post secondary education/career goals.
- Understand the importance of time management and following direction.
- Understand and accept the consequences/benefits of my actions.
- Seek necessary academic support in a timely manner.
- Enroll in challenging and engaging courses for personal and academic growth.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher and be able to track my success with a graduation inventory.
- Fulfill A-G requirements with a "C" or better.
- Score proficient or higher on common assessments such as STAR, CAHSEE, and other standardized tests.
- Produce work utilizing the internet and or library resources ethically.
- Evaluate and integrate multiple sources of information into coursework.
- Use social media and other forms of technology responsibly and respectfully.
- Be able to register for classes online.
- Use technology as a study resource rather than an answer resource.
- Increase and use proper vocabulary and academic language in various forms of communication.
- Read, write, and speak effectively in a variety of settings for appropriate purposes.
- Formulate and communicate original opinions and arguments in writing and speech with clarity, evidence and support.
- Be able to use a wide range of tools and strategies for effective communication.
- Be able to effectively listen and respect the opinions of others.